A SIMPLE GUIDE ON FINDING A GOOD DESIGNER
In this simple guide, I will show you how to find a good web designer.
1) Try a simple search online. Use a keyword search and locate one. Now the good web designers are often found through word of mouth. When you do your search, you have to be as specific as possible. Only the good ones are found that way. They are also found through solid rankings. If you can’t find a good one within the first 2 or 3 pages, then you need to refine the search a little. You can also ask a friend. Do you know someone who already has their web designer? If the answer is yes, then talk to them.
2) Read the samples from the pages. A good designer will already have information up there and ready to be looked at. If you fail to find a description, this is a bad sign.
At this point, the writing is on the wall.
3) Read what their pages include. I can’t tell you how important this is. You have to read over everything. If there is something you need and it’s not included, that should immediately tell you something.
4) Look for web designers who charge for the whole project. Never go with someone who only charges for a page at time. This is a big no-no. I say this, not for reliability sake-so much, but for the cost.
5) When speaking/working with a good web designer, he or she should give you ownership of the page. This is also very important. What if you need to make changes? You don’t want to consistently go to them to get it done. This is counter-productive.
In the end, you shouldn’t have to pay the original owner for anything you need to have completed or changed.
6) When addressing your business, make sure everything is in your name. Never put anything in the web designer’s name. What if you want to take your business to another platform in the future? This is why you need everything to be in your name and brand. A good designer is supposed to help you out, not take over your brand.
For more information on how to best find a good web designer, visit us online.